Frequently asked questions
- Do I have to pay to use Stendhapp?
- How do I use the app?
- My app isn't working right.
- Why are the pictures in black and white?
- Where does the name Stendhapp come from?
- Where do you get the data?
- I haven't found a place I know and it should be in the app. How can I add this?
- Why do we need to geolocate?
- Can I download Stendhapp from the App store/ Play store?
- If I'm not interested in categories, can I eliminate them?
- Why are there no restaurants and hotels on Stendhapp?
- How do you use my data?
No, and you never will. Stendhapp is non-profit.
It’s our choice, the idea is that Stendhapp shows the places in black and white: if you want to see them in colour, run to visit them!
From the union of the name of Stendhal to app. About his visit to the marvelous basilica of Santa Croce in Florence, Stendhal wrote: «I had reached that level of emotion where the celestial sensations given by the arts and passionate feelings meet».
Italy is full of places where you can feel that same emotion, even very close, but often you don’t notice it: we created Stendhapp to report them to you and let you discover that beauty. Whenever you want!
Our main source is the public open data provided by MiBACT, CEI and the web. But you can contribute by making available what you know.
From the app, you can add any place you like by clicking the + and filling in the form that opens, then send it to us, and we’ll publish it.
To allow the app to determine where you are and show the beauty around you.
You can go to your profile, click “preferences” and select what you’re interested in.
It’s our choice: we only recommend the producers of DOP, DOCG food/wine.
For hotels, restaurants, etc… there are other apps, you know where and how to find them 🙂